!-- Biography -->
Dr. Kondrashov obtained his undergraduate degree from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology in 1990. After completing his PhD at the University of Tennessee in 1996, Dr. Kondrashov had been a postdoctoral scholar at the California Institute of Technology. Since 1999 he has been affiliated with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at UCLA. His research focuses on data-driven modeling and prediction for earth and space sciences, data assimilation, advanced spectral methods, and ttme series analysis.
- S. Kravtsov, D. Kondrashov and M. Ghil, 2009: Empirical Model Reduction and the Modeling Hierarchy in Climate Dynamics, invited chapter in Stochastic Physics and Climate Modelling, (T. Palmer and P. Williams, Eds.) Cambridge Univ. Press, pp. 35–72.
- Kondrashov, D., R. Denton, Y. Y. Shprits, H. J. Singer (2014), Reconstruction of gaps in the past history of solar wind parameters, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41(8), 2702–2707, doi:10.1002/2014GL059741.
- Kondrashov, D., M.D. Chekroun, and M. Ghil (2015), Data-driven non-Markovian closure models, Physica D., 297(3), 33-55, doi:10.1016/j.physd.2014.12.005
- Podladchikova, T. V., Y. Y. Shprits, D. Kondrashov, and A. C. Kellerman (2014), Noise statistics identification for Kalman filtering of the electron radiation belt observations I: Model errors, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 119, 5700–5724, doi:10.1002/2014JA019897.
- Kondrashov, D., M. Ghil, Y. Y. Shprits (2011), Lognormal Kalman filter for assimilating phase space density data in the radiation belts, Space Weather, 9, S11006, doi:10.1029/2011SW000726.
- Kondrashov, D. , Y. Y. Shprits, M. Ghil, R. Thorne (2007), A Kalman filter technique to estimate relativistic electron lifetimes in the outer radiation belt, J. Geophys. Res., 112, A10227, doi:10.1029/2007JA012583.
- Kondrashov, D. and M. Ghil. (2006), Spatio-temporal filling of missing points in geophysical data sets, Nonl. Proc. Geophys., 13, 151-159, doi:10.5194/npg-13-151-2006.
- Ghil M., R. M. Allen, M. D. Dettinger, K. Ide, D. Kondrashov et al. (2002), Advanced spectral methods for climatic time series, Rev. Geophys.,40(1), pp. 3.1–3.41, doi:10.1029/2000GR000092
- D. A. Kondrashov, M. Chekroun, M. Ghil, X. Yuan, and M. Ting (2015), Data-driven Analysis and Prediction of Arctic Sea Ice, Abstract A53C-0392 presented at 2015 fall meeting AGU, San Francisco, CA.
- Kondrashov, D., R. Denton, Y. Y. Shprits, and H. Singer (2014), Reconstruction of gaps in the past history of solar wind parameters, Abstract presented at 2014 General Assembly, EGU, Vienna, Austria.
- Kondrashov, D., R. Denton, Y. Y. Shprits, and H. Singer (2014), Reconstruction of gaps in the past history of solar wind parameters, Abstract presented at NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center, Boulder, Colorado.
- Kondrashov, D., A. C. Kellerman, and Y. Y. Shprits (2014), Data-driven approach for radiation-belt modeling and prediction, Abstract presented at 40th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Moscow, Russia.
- Kondrashov, D., Y. Y. Shprits, A. C. Kellerman, M. Ghil, Geomagnetic Reconstruction in Gaps of Solar Wind Parameters by Singular Spectrum Analysis, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 16, EGU, Vienna, Austria.
- Kondrashov, D., Y. Y. Shprits, M. Ghil, Split-Operator Kalman Filter as an efficient data assimilation method for the radiation belts, EGU, Vienna, Austria, 2011.
- Kondrashov, D., Y. Y. Shprits, M. Ghil, Challenges and Innovations in Data Assimilation for Radiation Belts, EGU, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
Kondrashov, D., Y. Y. Sprits, M. Ghil, Innovation Approach of Assimilating Radiation Belt Data Into RB Codes, EGU, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
- Kondrashov, D. A., M. Ghil, and Y. Y. Shprits (2009), Challenges and innovations in data assimilation for radiation belts, Abstract SM51A-1331 was presented at 2009 Fall Meeting, AGU, Eos Trans., 90(52), San Francisco, CA, 14-18 December.
- Kondrashov, D., and Y. Y. Shprits (2009), Gap-filling of Solar Wind Parameters by Singular Spectrum Analysis, EGU, Vienna, Austria, 2009.
- Kondrashov, D., Y. Y. Shprits, R. Thorne, M. Ghil, G. Reeves, and R. Friedel (2005), Optimal Estimation of Electron Lifetimes in the Outer Radiation Belt, Abstract SM12B-07 presente at 2005 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, CA.