Update: The hiring process is finished.
Space Environment Modeling Group (https://rbm.epss.ucla.edu/) in the UCLA Department of Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences is looking for part-time undergraduate student with strong CS background to join our team. It’s a good chance for you to be involved in cutting-edge research, to sharpen your CS skills, and to work with like-minded individuals. You will be paid for your work, and compensation will depend on your experience
Your task may include: writing and testing computer codes, plotting and visualizing data, maintaining and writing documentation for data and models, website development and maintenance, some server maintenance, and contributing to a team environment. You will be able to create your own work schedule to fit your study load. Generally the following items are desirable, however learning on the job is also encouraged:
- Experience in object oriented programming and basic ftp/ssh knowledge
- Working knowledge of C++, Matlab
- Working knowledge of git version control system
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Organization skills and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a group environment
Please send an e-mail to Dr. Alexander Drozdov (email@example.com) with your CV, please clearly state your technical skills and experience. Please title you email as “Part-time Job for CS undergraduates”.