Dr. Tatiana Podladchikova is a postdoctoral fellow at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia. Since completing her Ph.D in applied mathematics, Dr. Tatiana Podladchikova has been focusing on the space weather forecasting for mitigation hazards of space accidents and their consequences. She developed and implemented real-time space weather forecasting services of the sunspot number prediction and geomagnetic storm forecasting. Her current research focuses on the developing of data assimilation tools of the satellites observations to reconstruct and forecast the dynamics of the Earth’s radiation belts.
- Space weather and solar activity forecasting
- Assimilation of big data
- Short-and long-term prediction of dynamical processes in conditions of uncertainty
- Model parameters identification
- Adaptive Kalman filter
- Podladchikova, T. V., Y. Y. Shprits, D. Kondrashov, and A. C. Kellerman (2014), Noise statistics identification for Kalman filtering of the electron radiation belt observations I: Model errors, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 119, 5700–5724, doi:10.1002/2014JA019897.
- Podladchikova, T. V., Y. Y. Shprits, A. C. Kellerman, and D. Kondrashov (2014), Noise statistics identification for Kalman filtering of the electron radiation belt observations: 2. Filtration and smoothing, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 119, 5725–5743, doi:10.1002/2014JA019898.
- Podladchikova,T. V., and A. A. Petrukovich (2012), Extended geomagnetic storm forecast ahead of available solar wind measurements, Space Weather, 10, S07001, doi:10.1029/2012SW000786.
- Podladchikova T., and R.A.M. Van der Linden (2012), Kalman Filter Technique for Improving Prediction of Smoothed Monthly Sunspot Numbers. Solar Physics, 277 (2), 397-416, doi:10.1007/s11207-011-9899-y.
- Podladchikova T., and R.A.M. Van der Linden (2011), An upper limit prediction of the peak sunspot number for solar cycle 24. Space Weather and Space Climate, 1, A01, doi:10.1051/swsc/2011110013.
- Podladchikova, T., B. Lefebvre, R. vanderLinden (2008), Integral activity of the declining phase of sunspot cycles as precursor of the next cycle, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 70(2-4), 277-284, doi: 10.1016/j.jastp.2007.08.068.